A Landscape Architecture Blog

Saturday 24 March 2012

Linear Experiences Map

Following our walk through the line from North to South the previous week, we had to produce a 'Linear Experiences Map' - The thing that interested me in particular was the changing skyline and the appreciation of the sky in relationship to the urban environment.  Walking from Primrose Hill to the West End there is an increasing pressure that builds due to urban interventions such as planting, architecture, traffic and people.  People and architectural 'pressure' is indicated in the pink and orange ink respectively. The diminishing skyline is indicated by the blue ink.


I wanted to be a bit more freestyle with my drawing style... used a bamboo dip pen and indian ink. Quite tricky actually - the pens don't hold as much ink as I anticipated so my original idea of drawing  the scenes without taking the pen of then paper didn't really happen. I used Dr Ph. Martin's concentrated watercolor ink for the coloured bit - love the stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment