A Landscape Architecture Blog

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Design freeze

I think I've arrived at a reasonable concept, so I'll stop mucking around in my sketch book and get real...
I'm sticking with the totem idea.
Thinking about materiality and in particular reflective surfaces to 'bend' reality.
I visited Portland Place again last Sunday to confirm my site location and plan the sequential drawings required for this Friday. I have moved the totem away for the center of the box junction to the intersection of Weymouth street and Portland Place, right next to RIBA.  I just feel this is less obvious, slightly awkward and creates more tension, therefore challenging the existing formality.
Hallelujah - a concept that's almost frozen! Actually I'm happy that this design covers all of the previous design developments. 
The totem also gives the bird to certain current residents of Portland Place...




1 comment:

  1. prolific usage
    oddities for you
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleopatra's_Needle
    elise

    ReplyDelete